Privacy NoticeEffective Date: August 1, 2021
This notice (“Privacy Notice”) has been compiled to assist you (“you,” “your,” or “User”) to understand how PhoneRegistry (“we,” “our,” “us,” or "PhoneRegistry”), and our affiliates and subsidiaries, collect, use and disclose information that we collect through your use of the PhoneRegistry website, available at https://phoneregistry.org (the “Website”). PhoneRegistry is provided by and wholly owned by Accucom Corporation. This Privacy Notice is part of and supplements the Website Terms of Service (the “Terms”), available here: https://phoneregistry.com/privacy/.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to information collected or obtained by any third-party website that is linked from the Website. Linked websites are subject to their own privacy practices and may have their own privacy notice and terms of service, and it is your responsibility to review them before you use the linked website.
By accessing, browsing, or otherwise using the Website, you acknowledge and consent to our collection and use of information as set forth in this Privacy Notice. PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY NOTICE CAREFULLY. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE CONSTITUTES YOUR CONSENT TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE. DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE IF YOU ARE UNWILLING OR UNABLE TO CONSENT TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE.
1. Information We Collect About You
We may collect the following types of information about you which are described in more detail below: (A) information you provide to us, and (B) information we may automatically collect about you. All of the information listed in (A)-(B) above is detailed below and is hereinafter referred to as “Information.”
1.1 Information You Provide to Us. While we do not require you to directly provide us with Information to use the Website, you may provide us with Information, including without limitation contact information such as name, email address, postal address, and telephone number(s), or additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
1.2 Information We May Automatically Collect About You. We may use tools, including third-party analytical software, to automatically collect certain information about the computer or other device you use to reach the Website. We may do this automatically and through third-party tracking services (e.g., Google Analytics) that gather certain information about your use of the Website and store it in log files. This Information may include IP addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data.
We collect the Information listed above through various tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, clear GIFs and other means. We use this Information to improve effectiveness, content, layout and/or operation of our Website. Some of the tracking technologies we may use are listed below.
Information on how to delete or control cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org.
We or our service providers may also use “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs,” “embedded links” and other commonly-used information-gathering tools in connection with some website pages and HTML-formatted email messages. We use these tools for such purposes as compiling aggregate statistics about website usage and response rates. A pixel tag is an electronic image (often a single pixel), that is ordinarily not visible to website visitors, and may be associated with cookies on visitors’ hard drives. Pixel tags allow us and our service providers to count users who have visited certain pages of the Website, to deliver customized services, and to help determine the effectiveness of the Website and services. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, pixel tags can inform the sender of the email whether and when the email has been opened.
“Clickstream data,” electronic information collected from your internet browsing history, may be collected and stored by a website’s server. Clickstream data discloses the type of computer and browsing software you use and the address of the website from which you visited the Website. We may use aggregated and deidentified clickstream data to determine how much time visitors spend on each page of the Website, how visitors navigate through the Website, and how we may tailor our web pages to better meet the needs of visitors. We use this information to improve the Website.
2. How We Use Your Information
A. Use and Purpose of Processing Your Information
We use and process your Information for things that may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service;
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Improve the design and content of our Website;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches;
- Respond to your inquiries and provide you with requested information and other communications, including by email or text messages;
- Recognize you when you return to the Website;
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your Information and/or pursuant to your consent;
B. Sharing Your Information
We may share your Information as set forth in this Privacy Notice and in the following circumstances:
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your Information with third-party service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Services, manage databases, perform analyses, provide customer service, or send communications for us). These third-party service providers are authorized to use your Information only as necessary to provide these services to us. In some instances, we may aggregate Information we collect so third parties do not have access to your particular Information to identify you individually.
- Disclosure of Information for Legal and Administrative Reasons. We may disclose your Information without notice: (i) when required by law or to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process; (ii) to cooperate or undertake an internal or external investigation or audit; (iii) to comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of governmental authorities (including, without limitation, requests from the governmental agency authorities to view your Information); (iv) to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of us, our subsidiaries and affiliates and any of their officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors and partners, and the Website service users; (v) to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions; and (vi) to verify the identity of the user of our Website.
- Business Transfers. Your Information may be transferred, sold, or otherwise conveyed (“Conveyed”) to a third party where we: (i) merge with or are acquired by another business entity; (ii) sell all or substantially all of our assets; (iii) are adjudicated bankrupt; or (iv) are liquidated or otherwise reorganize. You agree to any and all such Conveyances of your Information.
- Information Shared with our Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share your Information with our subsidiaries and affiliates. If you do not want us to share your Information with our subsidiaries and affiliates, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Anonymous and/or Aggregated Data. We may disclose anonymized aggregated information about our users, that does not identify any individual, without any restriction. We may share anonymous, deidentified aggregate information with third parties, including affiliated and non-affiliated organizations
- Online Communications (e.g., Contact Us forms). If you correspond with us, we may retain such correspondence and the Information contained in it and use it to respond to your inquiry.
3. Do Not Track Notice
Many modern web browsers give you the option to send a “Do Not Track” signal to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. At this time, the Website does not specifically respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
4. Information Security
We use commercially reasonable measures to provide our Website. However, you should assume that no data transmitted over the Internet or stored or maintained by us or our third-party service providers can be 100% secure. Therefore, although we believe the measures implemented by us reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved, we do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Information or private communications will always remain private or secure. We do not guarantee that your Information will not be misused by third parties. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security features. You agree that we will not have any liability for misuse, access, acquisition, deletion, or disclosure of your Information.
If you believe that your Information has been accessed or acquired by an unauthorized person, you shall promptly contact us via email@example.com so that necessary measures can quickly be taken.
5. Data Retention
We will retain your Information for as long as needed to provide you the Website. We will retain and use your Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Information you have submitted to us. We are under no obligation to store such Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Information.
6. Accessing, Correcting, or Deleting Your Information
To the extent that state laws provide users with data subject rights, those rights may be honored by us following proper authentication and verification. Please see the How to Contact Us section below for more information.
7. Notice To California Residents
A. Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
California residents have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal Information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm a verifiable consumer request from you, we will disclose to you, to the extent permitted by law:
- The categories of personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for your personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share your personal Information.
- If we disclosed your personal Information for a business purpose, the personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
You shall have the right to request that the Information described above be provided to you in a portable and readily useable format, to the extent technically feasible (“data portability”).
We do not sell your personal Information.
B. Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete certain of your personal Information that we collected from and/or related to you and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
To the extent that we can delete your personal Information, once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal Information, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the Information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected your personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, or take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that Information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
C. Exercising Your Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a
verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Calling us at (800) 309-9351.
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We may not, and will not, treat you differently because you of your Data Subject Request activity. As a result of your Data Subject Request activity, we may not and will not deny goods or services to you, charge different rates for goods or services, provide a different level quality of goods or services, or suggest any of the preceding will occur. However, we can and may charge you a different rate, or provide a different level of quality, if the difference is reasonably related to the value provided by your personal Information.
E. Verifying Requests
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, if you request access to or deletion of your personal Information, we will take steps and may require you to provide certain information to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal Information or complying with your request. In addition, if you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal Information, we may require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal Information is the subject of the request. If you designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, we may require you to provide the authorized agent written permission to do so and to verify your own identity directly with us (as described above).
F. Shine the Light Requests
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to opt out of the disclosure of your personal Information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make an opt-out request of such disclosures, please send an email to email@example.com.
8. Links To Third Party Sites
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may link to third-party websites or content on third-party sites. We may do this for the convenience of you and other users of the Website, but we do not have control over the operation of these third-party websites. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy notices. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
We urge you to review the privacy notices posted on these third-party websites at the time you first visit such sites.
9. Changes to this Policy
Because our business needs may change over time, we reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice. If at any time in the future we plan to use your personal Information in a way that differs from this Privacy Notice, we will revise this Privacy Notice as appropriate. In the event of a change to our Privacy Notice, we will notify you via email or through a notice on the Website homepage, at our discretion. Your continued use of the Website following our notice of changes to this Privacy Notice means you accept such changes.
10. How To Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice please contact us by:
PO BOX 130367
Boston, MA 02113